Sunday, November 15, 2009

Triplet Square furniture


I think that I tend to like stuff that makes me think I can build it myself if I go to the hardware store. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm sure if I had months of time on my hand I probably could hack it out but without a knowledge of spacial relations and carpentry I doubt it would be as structurally sound as the above piece of furniture. It takes very clever application to build this thing and actually make it stand for a prolonged period of time. I actually saw a piece in someone's house that looks almost exactly like this. the beautiful thing about this is it can stand in the middle of the room. It doesn't have to be propped up against a wall. I think that the artist most likely had that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment