Sunday, November 15, 2009

3d Chess


I'd like to address the practicality of what we have above. Sure it looks nice. I understand what is being displayed visually. But is it worth playing on? In my opinion no. I cant see anyone being able to actually hack out a game of chess on this board. Its just way to cramped! The problem is that if the board is not flat then you wont be able to maneuver pieces without knocking over other pieces. I guess if the board is big enough you may be able to maneuver around that. The other problem is that you would have to stand in order to see the entire board! that wouldn't make for a very comfortable game of chess seeing as though the game takes so long to play. Also it would be very hard to brew up a strategy because of the limited vision. You would probably not notice the proper angles to work you bishops and queen because the board is not flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment