Monday, November 16, 2009

Good Idea/Bad Idea


I'd like to critique one of my own ideas in this blog post. Last week Wednesday I proposed that there could be some sort website that took the photos from a consumer's phone and placed on a postcard to send to the address of their choice for a minimal fee. At the time I felt as though it would be something really cool and convenient for people who traveled a lot, especially those who traveled overseas on a regular basis. You know like military personnel. Over the weekend I mulled over the idea and I realized that it's actually a lousy idea. The problem is virtually NOBODY is interested in receiving or sending postcards nowadays! Really the only time you really see a postcard in use is for a business promotion. People don't even want paper billing anymore! Why would they want to have a postcard with a picture on it from someones 1 mega pixel camera phone? People send images all the time over the web. I think that it is important to know when you have a good idea vs. when a good idea has you.

No comments:

Post a Comment